Do you suffer from What Else Syndrome and NOT EVEN KNOW IT?
- When you hear a song that you like on the radio, do you immediately think, I wonder WHAT ELSE is playing on other stations?
- When you order one thing at a restaurant, do you think WHAT ELSE could I have ordered?
- When you buy a dress for a wedding, do you continue to look at hundreds of websites and continue to think WHAT ELSE you could wear?
- When you go to the movies, do you always think, I wonder WHAT ELSE is playing right now?
But the worst, and most underlying condition of WHAT ELSE Syndrome is the recently named symptom, WHO ELSE-itis. This happens in many a situation:
- When you go to a bar and get hit on by one person, hit it off, but then start thinking, WHO ELSE?
- When you are in a long term relationship and all of a sudden think, WHO ELSE?
- When you are walking down the aisle and get cold feet at the thought of being with one person, and think, WHO ELSE?
If any of these symptoms sound like you or a friend, get to your nearest watering hole, take a shot, and hook up with the first person you see. Don’t question it. Repeat if desired. Use precautions (I’m not asking you to make a baby or get the herp!) Then, look in the mirror and realize, so what if there is something or someone else? There always will be. And you kinda just gotta be ok with that. Unless the person you are with is a vial piece of shit…then run….