They say a man’s heart is through his stomach (I don’t know who “they” are: hungry men? mother’s worried that their son’s won’t be able to fend for themselves? doctors that didn’t really go to med school?) Regardless, today being Superbowl Sunday…what a day to show off some of your talents in the kitchen for some hot, drunk men! (We can all hope!)
So I know this isn’t a cooking blog, but being the SadSingleGal…I am quite Martha Stewart-y. I can cook and craft and all those things. I had no plans last night, so I painted my bathroom (you can also call it lame, fine by me!). But, for my Superbowl fiesta that I was invited today I wanted to make something that everyone would like and maybe attract TLOML (that’s the love of my life..if you weren’t paying attention).
So, what does everyone love? Spinach artichoke dip! If you don’t love Spin-Art, who are you? No, really? Because everyone does! But it is kind of fatty. And as a single gal out their on the prowl (oooo…rhymes!), I have to worry about my waist!
So, read below for my created recipe:
SadSingleGal’s Deceptively Healthy Spinach-Artichoke Dip
Fat Free Ricotta Cheese
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Put tofu in food processor and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. This is your Mayo substitute. Allow to emulsify. Pour out into a separate dish.
2. Defrost Artichokes and Spinach. Once defrosted, push out water. In a saute pan, add a little olive oil and the fresh garlic. Once garlic has browned, add Artichokes and Spinach for about 5 to 7 minutes. Then remove from heat.
3. In a separate pan, steam some fresh Kale. This is not a necessary step, but I am obsessed with kale and it is a SUPER food for the Superbowl!
4. Preheat oven to 350.
5. In your food processor, add the artichokes and spinach, the kale, ricotta cheese, tofu mayo, and grated parmesan. I have not put in amounts because I don’t really cook with them. If you like it cheesier, put in more! If not, but in less. Or email me and I can be more specific! Then juice a lemon over the mixture, add salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste!
6. Once done, place mixture in a oven-proof dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Place in oven for approx 20 mins or until it is bubbly and smells delicious.
7. Enjoy! And hopefully, hook a man!